Cardiology Exams Available:
1. Physicians Reading on Hospital EKG Panels or Teaching EKG
2. Cardiovascular Nursing in all areas of Cardiology Practice
3. Cardiovascular Monitor and EKG Technicians
Learn more about each Certification Exam and purchase online by clicking on the Certification Exam of interest below.
Physicians - Learn More & Order
2. Physician Assistant’s - CVPA-BC Learn More & Order
3. EKG Instructors Board Certification - All instructors teaching Basic, 12-Lead, and/or Advanced EKG Interpretation
Nursing Educators - Learn More & Order
2. Nurse Practitioners - CVNP-BC - Learn More & Order
3. Cardiovascular Critical Care CVRN-BC - Learn More & Order
4. Telemetry & ED Nurses - CVRN-BC - Learn More & Order
5. EKG Instructors Board Certification - All instructors teaching Basic EKG to Nurses and Cardiac Monitor Technicians, and 12-Lead EKG, and/or Advanced EKG Interpretation
12L-EKG-BC - Learn More & Order
2. Cardiac Monitor Technicians - Basic EKG-BC or (CMT-BC) - Learn More & Order
3. EKG Instructors Board Certification - All instructors teaching Basic EKG for Cardiac Monitor Technicians, Telemetry Nurses, and 12-Lead EKG technicians
HOW TO RECERTIFY YOUR CREDENTIALS, click on this recertification link.
Who is Eligible to Take the Board Certification Exams?
The ABCM Provides Board Certification Exams and Awards for the
following Board Eligible Cardiac Professionals employed in Sub-Specialty roles
field of cardiology.
Board Eligible means that you have had at least 2 years on the job or proof that you have successfully attended a course of study in the specialty you are wishing to become certified in. Special considerations are made, please inquire at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Physicians Reading on Hospital EKG Panels
Physicians in the Emergency Department
Cardiovascular Nurse Practitioners
Non-Acute and Acute Cardiac Care, and Emergency Nurses
Cardiovascular Technicians (invasive & non-invasive)
Cardiac Monitor Technicians
12-Lead ECG Technicians
Cardiovascular Nursing Educators
BRIEF HISTORY OF OUR EDUCATION AND EXAM DEVELOPMENTS:
The ABCM's Directors developed the Nation's first Board Certification Examination in Electrocardiography in 1969 for hospital EKG panel reading physicians. They subsequently developed a comprehensive multilevel set of Cardiovascular Nursing Standards for Educational and Practice in 1998, from which they based the development and implementation of the Nation's first Cardiovascular Nursing Board Certification Examination in 1999. And finally, to complete their mission, they developed the same process for Cardiac Monitor and EKG Technicians, Cardiac Nurse Practitioners and Physician's Assistants, and for Clinical EKG and CV Educators.